Sunday, 7 November 2010

Stampin' Up! London European Convention 2010

Earlier this evening I returned from Stampin' Up's annual convention which, this year, was held at Addington Palace near London. I went there with some members of the Tartan Stampers and it was the first convention that a few of us attended. It was an amazing experience for all of us and a special surprise was in store for three members of the team! Huge congratulations go to three Scottish demonstrators who made it to the top 25 demonstrators in the UK. My upline Dawn Silver was ranked at number 6 and two fellow Tartan Stampers, Elaine Brainwood and Kara Milne, who were ranked at 16 and 25 respectiveley. I am delighted for all three of you, it is very well deserved!

It was fantastic to get away for four days and spend time with fellow crafting friends and demonstrators. I thoroughly enjoyed the social aspect of the weekend as it was great fun meeting new people including several ladies that I have chatted to online with at ILWS.

One very popular social aspect to the SU conventions is swapping. It is fantastic getting the opportunity to swap ideas, cards and projects with other demonstrators to share ideas. I have come home full of inspiration!!

Over the next few days I will upload the photos from my camera and share them with you. Today I have some photographs to share that I took of my swaps before I went away.

Card Candy Swap
This is basically card toppers made with a stamp set and a sentiment set that are made for creating cards quickly.


Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler.
Ink: Baja Breeze, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso.
Stamps: Playful Pieces (level 3 hostess set), Basic Phrases.
Punches: Scallop Oval, Scallop Edge.
Ribbon: Old Olive 5/8" Satin, 1/4" Marina Mist Taffeta.


3D Swap
This is a swap for 3D items. I made the paper bird that is showcased in the 2010-2011 catalogue on page 89.



Designer Patterned Paper: Blueberry Crisp.
Ink: Not Quite Navy (for inking the edges)


CMC Swap
This is a swap that I took part in which included French and German demonstrators. There were 90 of us in this swap and we each made a 9cm x 9cm decorated page with details about us on the back.



Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla
Ink: Baja Breeze, Early Espresso
Stamps: Style Beautiful, Musical Notes, Vintage Vogue
Other: Baja Breeze marker (spritzed on background), Champagne paint (mixed with alcohol and sprayed on background to give a shimmer)


General Swaps
The swaps mentioned above are organised in advance with groups of demonstrators so that we know how many of each item to make however there is always plenty opportunity for general swaps where we create cards or projects and swap them with each other. I made 110 cards to swap in two different styles. I will post a photo of my second one tomorrow as I have not uploaded the photos from my camera. This is one of my cards which I made 50 of.






Cardstock: Basic Black, Riding Hood Red
Ink: Basic Black, Riding Hood Red
Stamps: Style Beautiful, Artistic Etchings, Pocket Silhouettes
Designer Patterned Paper: Love Letters
Other: Rhinestone Brad


Later this week I will post pictures of the amazing swaps that I received in return as well as some photographs from the convention.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was fun fun fun Sharon...always nice to get away!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely projects Sharon. Glad you had a great time x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work Sharon glad you had a good time. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your works was stunning Sharon I adored your bird & the card candy was out of this world!!!!
    Hope you can make the next one in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bird is fab and I'm glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards and I just loved that bird. I will have to find out how to make him.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment, it is much appreciated....x