Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Make a Wish

I seriously need to stock up on birthday cards as I have over a dozen close family birthdays coming up in next few months  ...this includes three sisters in April, one sister and one brother in May! 

I made a start today.  This card is made using the NEW Sizzix Scallop Die and the EXCLUSIVE Fun Flowers Die which are both available in the new SU mini catalogue.

 I folded the card and then cut it using the Scallop Circle Die, avoiding the last few scallops, so that the card would open. I then cut a complete scallop circle in Baja Breeze for the front.  The flower cluster was made by cutting two of the small flowers from the Fun Flowers Die in Very Vanilla Cardstock. I then inked the edges in Soft Suede and the centres in Baja Breeze. The centre of the flower was made using small blossoms cut using the Boho Blossoms Punch.

I also used the NEW Seam Binding in my favourite colour Baja Breeze. I just love, love, love this ribbon!!! It is so soft and drapes beautifully!! It is also available in three other colours - Pear Pizzazz, Rose Red and Crumb Cake. I have these colours coming in my next order and can't wait to use them!!!
The inspiration for this card was from Craft Project Central - March Subscription.


Supplies:

Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede
Designer Series Paper: Elegant Soiree
Ink: Soft Suede, Baja Breeze
Stamps: Big Bold Birthday
Sizzix Dies: Scallop Circel, Fun Flowers
Punches: Boho Blossoms, Modern Label Extra Large
Ribbon: 1/2" seam Binding Baja Breeze
Embellishments: Basic Pearls


Here's another variation, slightly more distressed.


As always thanks for looking....x

P.S. Don't forget to enter my giveaway for the chance to win a Stampin' Up! Two Step Owl Punch

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Sharon. Love the seam binding.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment, it is much appreciated....x