Saturday, 9 April 2011

Simply Stampin' Challenge Week 2

A huge thank you to everyone who joined in with the first Simply Stampin Challenge last week. I hope that you were inspired and enjoyed taking part. I really enjoyed visiting each entrant's blog and seeing what they had made although I am glad that I don't have the hard task of choosing the Top 3!

This week the challenge over at Simply Stampin is a colour challenge and the colours to use are:
 
I really struggled to use these colours together even although funnily enough my entry last week happened to use the pink and burgundy!  I tried various cards but just couldn't get the balance of colours to look right. In the end however I decided to use Bravo Burgundy and Wild Wasabi as accents.


 
The flower was cut using the Fancy Flower punch and then scrunched to break the card fibres. I then carefully peeled each flower apart to give two flowers each with a faux suede look.  The flowers were then layered and inked with Bravo Burgundy to add depth.


Supplies:

Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla, Wild Wasabi, Bravo Burgundy
Ink: Bravo Burgundy
Stamps: Because I Care (L1 Hostess)
Embossing Folder: Vintage Wallpaper
Punches: Fancy Flower Extra Large, Two Step Bird Punch, Boho Blossoms,
Modern Label Extra Large
Embellishments: Very Vanilla Brad


I hope that you can join us for this week's challenge and look forward to seeing your creations.  Remember there is a prize to be won....x

 

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely card. Love the embossing xxxStephaniexxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card the big flower is fabulous and I love that new embossing folder - stunning!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment, it is much appreciated....x