Saturday, 16 April 2011

Simply Stampin' Challenge Week 3

If you have joined me from the Simply Stampin Challenge blog then welcome but if not then why not pop over there now and see this week's challenge.

The challenge this week is a themed challenge which of course given the time of the year is EASTER!

A big part of Easter in our house is of course Easter Eggs! I love the Cadbury's Mini Eggs and so what better project for me to create than a secret place to hide my eggs ......ahem I mean a lovely handcrafted jar to store the eggs!

It does actually make a good hidey place as my two boys have walked past it plenty times and not really noticed what is inside!! I wonder how long that will last!!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Rose Red, Basic Black, Pear Pizzazz, Baja Breeze
Ink: Rose Red
Stamps: Something To Celebrate (L2 Hosetss Mini Catalogue)
Designer Series Paper: Springtime Vintage
Sizzix Dies: Circle Scallop
Punches: Eyelet Border, Ornament Extra-Large, Oval Extra-Large, Oval Large, 1/2" Circle, Scallop Oval Extra-Large (for the eyes), Boho Blossoms, Modern Label Extra-Large
Ribbon: 1/2" Rose Red Seam Binding
Embellishments: Basic Pearls


I will be back later with a tutorial for making the bunny but all the parts use SU punches except the bunny's nose which just uses a regular stationery hole punch. The bunny's eyes are made by cutting two tear drop shapes from the scallop oval punched shape.
Once the bunny was assembled I made a little triangular rest for it to lean against.


I hope that you can join us in this week's challenge, remember there is a fantastic prize up for grabs too!!

 
As always thanks for looking......x


6 comments:

  1. A lovely Easter jar, and my favourite mini eggs too!! The bunny is so sweet & I like how it stands up, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute project, I look forward to finding out how to make that bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bunny and I agree, he looks great sat up "guarding" the eggs, perhaps a sterner face would have been safer though! lol!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want one! No, I NEED one!
    Please hurry and post your tutorial Sharon...
    Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your bunny, he is so cute! I shall have to have a go at making one! Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a darling little bunny! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment, it is much appreciated....x