Saturday, 14 May 2011

Simply Stampin' Challenge Week 7

This week the challenge over at Simply Stampin' is a sketch challenge. Do pop over and see what the design team created and hopefully you will be inspired to join in too.

I love working with sketches as they cut out half the work!! Using this week's sketch I created a scrapbook layout instead of a card. I turned the sketch on its side and moved the sentiment to suit the layout.

To make the flowers I used the Faux Mother of Pearl technique by adding Frost White Shimmer paint to white glossy cardstock using a piece of scrunched up cling film. Once dry I used a brayer to add Rose Red ink over the top. I then cut the flowers using the Sizzix Fun Flowers Die and layered on top with stampin dimensionals.
The little girl in the photograph is my niece Abigail.


Supplies:

Cardstock: Rose Red 12 x 12, Very Vanilla, Pear Pizzazz, Glossy White
Ink: Rose Red
Designer Series Paper: Sweet and Sour Speciality
Stamps: Four Frames
Sizzix Dies: Fun Flowers, Little Leaves, Beautiful Wings
Punches: Decorative Label, 3/4" Circle
Ribbon: 1/2" Pear Pizzazz Stitched-Poly Ribbon
Other: Frost White Shimmer Paint
Tools: Brayer, Rose Red Marker Pen (journalling)

 
The sketch

 
As always thanks for looking.....x


6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!! love it all! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scrapbook page! Your design is absolutely gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know what, I absolutely adore this! It is truly stunning :-D
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely, and your niece is a cutie!
    Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uhooi,,
    Waw,, This card is very good and creative,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment, it is much appreciated....x